DATA PROTECTION INFORMATION SHEET TO THE INTERNATIONAL VIDEO PITCH COMPETITION
The University of Pécs (hereinafter UP) pays particular attention to operate in conformity with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation, GDPR), with the Act CXII of 2011 on the Right of Informational Self-Determination and on Freedom of Information (hereinafter Privacy Act), with other pieces of legislation, and the professional practice of the Hungarian National Authority for Data Protection and Freedom of Information.
1. Purpose of this Information Sheet
The purpose of this Information Sheet is to provide information about the data protection and data processing principles connected to the personal data of the participants of the International Video Pitch Competition applied by data controller.
2. Identity of the data controller
Name: University of Pécs
Registered office and contact address: H-7622 Pécs, Vasvári Pál str. 4.
Represented by: Prof. Dr. Attila Miseta rector
Controller organizational unit: UP Simonyi Business and Economic Development Center
Name of data protection officer: Dr. Szőke Gergely László, PhD
3. Scope of personal data
These data give information about the projects that participate in the competition.
- Name of the idea owner(s)/applicant(s) (public, required field)
- Contact e-mail (public, required field)
- University (public, required field)
- The name of the idea (public, required field)
- Idea short description (public, required field)
- Youtube video about the project (public, required field)
- Problems we solve (non- public, required field)
- Solution (non-published, required field)
- Key resources (non- public, required field)
- Uniqueness (non- public, required field)
- Competitive advantage (non- public, required field)
- Channels to reach customer (non- public, required field)
- Customer segments (non- public, required field)
- Revenue streams (non- public, required field)
- Cost structure (non- public, required field)
4. Purpose of the data processing, legal basis
Data processing is based on GDPR 6th Article 1 paragraph (a) point, the consent of the applicant.
The purpose of the data processing is the International Video Pitch Competition that organized by Simonyi Business and Economic Development Center. The collected data are indispensable for
- the identification of the projects (Name of the idea owner(s)/applicant(s), University, The name of the idea),
- the communication with idea owner(s)/applicant(s) (Contact e-mail),
- the comparability of the projects and the ranking of the projects (Idea short description, Youtube video about the project, Problems we solve, Solution, Key resources, Uniqueness, Competitive advantage, Channels to reach customer, Customer segments, Revenue streams, Cost structure). In the absence of these data, the jury are not able to made consequent decision.
5. Duration of data processing
Data processing last until the withdrawal of the consent.
6. Scope of personnel with access to the data, data transfer, data processing
Public information can be seen by anyone, on internationalvideopitch.org, including if they aren’t registered user. This includes:
- Name of the idea owner(s)/applicant(s)
- Contact e-mail
- The name of the idea
- Idea short description
- Youtube video about the project
Non-public information can be seen by solely the data controller and the jury on internationalvideopitch.org, only if they are registered user. This includes:
- Problems we solve
- Key resources
- Competitive advantage
- Channels to reach customer
- Customer segments
- Revenue streams
- Cost structure
7. Rights of the users
7.1. The user has the right to access the information in relation with the data processing related to him/her defined in Article 15 of the GDPR, including in particular, information by the Institution about:
- the types of personal data,
- the purpose and legal ground,
- the source,
- the duration of the processing, and
- who, when, on what legal basis, to which personal data was granted access to by the Institution or to whom did the institution transfer the data,
- the rights and possible legal remedies of the data subject during the processing.
7.2. The data subject shall have the right to rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning him or her pursuant to Article 16 of the GDPR.
7.3. The data subject shall have the right to erasure pursuant to Article 17 of the GDPR, particularly, if the purpose of data processing ceased to exist, in case of unlawful processing, if the Participant withdrew consent (when other legal ground does not persist for further processing).
7.4. The data subject shall have the right to restrict the data processing as set out in Article 18 of the GDPR. In this case the restricted personal data shall only be processed, except the storage of the data, with the consent of the Participant, for submission or enforcement or defense of legal claims, for protection of other natural or legal persons’ rights, or on the important grounds of public interest.
7.5. The data subject shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning him or her in a commonly used format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller.
7.6. In the case of the consent-based data management, the data subject shall have the right to withdraw its consent in writing at any time without justification based on the Article 7 paragraph 3 of the General Data Protection Regulation. The revocation shall not affect the legality of the data management prior to revocation.
7.7. The details rules pertaining to the processing of personal data at the Institution shall be found in the University’s Data Protection Regulation, which can be found on the https://pte.hu/adatvedelem website.
8. The rights listed in this information sheet may be exercised as follows
The data subject may lodge his/her complaint via the firstname.lastname@example.org address or may turn to the Institution’s data protection officer (email@example.com), or via postal service to the address H-7622 Pécs, Vasvári Pál u. 4., with the recipient indicated as UP Education Office or the data protection officer.
The Participant may seek remedy at the Hungarian National Authority for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (contact address: H-1530 Budapest Pf.:5, Tel.: +36-1-391-1400, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, website: https://www.naih.hu/general-information.html), if deemed necessary by him/her due to a supposed legal violation or in direct hazard of it. The Participant may submit a civil action of law in case of unlawful processing at the competent, or chosen Regional Court.